FOOTBALL: Rangers looking to bounce back after defeat
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers will be looking to bounce back from last Saturday’s defeat at Maldon and Tiptree when Hertford Town visit Julius Martin Lane tomorrow (kick off 3pm).
The Greens suffered a 3-1 defeat in Essex last time out, Kieran Bailey put Maldon ahead after 16 minutes, but Soham responded well and were level soon after the hour mark thanks to Lee Chaffey’s goal.
With the race for promotion starting to pick up, Maldon knew they couldn’t afford to drop points and rallied well, regaining their lead with 20 minutes to play through Oluwole Akinsanya.
Rhys Henry ensured Soham returned home empty handed when he made it 3-1 in stoppage time, leaving Rob Mason’s side with nothing to show for their spirited fight.
Defeat at the Wallace Binder Ground leaves the Greens 17th in the Bostik League Division One North standings, with Hertford travelling to Cambridgeshire three places and three points better off than Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
Victory for Soham tomorrow could see them climb to 13th in the table, depending on results elsewhere.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages