Football: Rangers’ coach aims for top six finish
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Soham Town Rangers 2 Histon Reserves 2 SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin believes a top-six finish is still a realistic proposition after seeing his side share the spoils with Histon s second string on Friday night. Soham went a goal down
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Soham Town Rangers 2 Histon Reserves 2
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin believes a top-six finish is still a realistic proposition after seeing his side share the spoils with Histon's second string on Friday night.
Soham went a goal down after 13 minutes but Matt Robinson's fifth goal of the season levelled matters mid-way through the half. Shooting from 25 yards out, Robinson's effort hit the underside of the crossbar before hitting the keeper and going into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Soham took the lead three minutes later, Steve Bugg picking up the ball 30 yards out and beating a defender before shooting home.
Soham lost some impetus after the break, and Histon got the equaliser their efforts deserved when former Mildenhall old boy Russell Flitton headed home from a corner five minutes from time.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day
"I thought we played well in the first half but were poor in the second half," said Benjamin, who said he felt the state of the pitch had some part to play in the result.
Despite picking up only a point, Benjamin is still optimistic of a top-six finish. "Our aim is to win as many games as we can and see where it takes us," he said. "But we're only five or six points of the top six now, so I definitely think we can finish up there.