FOOTBALL: Okay certain of a good result for Soham Rangers on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Erkan Okay is targeting three points from the visit of Grays Athletics on Saturday (kick off 3pm) as Soham look to put last weekend’s defeat to Tilbury behind them at the second attempt.
Rangers have been aiming to put the 2-0 defeat to Tilbury behind them at the first time of asking on Tuesday evening, but bad weather forced the postponement of their scheduled Bostik League Division One North trip to Brentwood Town.
Okay believes that 17th-placed Soham have what it takes to cause problems for 11th-placed Grays.
“I think some of our recent results have shown that on our day we can compete and take points off anyone in this division,” Okay said.
“We have had some really good results since the turn of the year and have taken plenty of positives from the performances.
You may also want to watch:
“We were disappointed not to get anything from the game at Tilbury as we felt we should have got something from it going into the game.
“It was frustrating that we couldn’t put that behind us on Tuesday but this time of year you get plenty of call offs and just have to deal with them.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“Saturday gives us a chance to bounce back from the Tilbury defeat. We have challenged the players to put that behind them and I am confident we can get a good result.
“Grays are a good side, they are sitting in mid-table and we know it won’t be easy but we are at home and will go into the game targeting three points.
“The lads don’t need to fear anyone, we have shown against sides like Canvey Island what we can do and we are more than capable of getting three points on Saturday.”
Victory for Soham on Saturday could see the Greens climb four places to 14th in the Bostik League Division One North table.
Rob Mason’s side are also in action on Tuesday night, when they welcome Ware to Julius Martin Lane (kick off 7.45pm).