Football: Mildenhall smash five past Halstead
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 5 Halstead Town 1 MILDENHALL got their second half shooting boots on as they blitzed Halstead with a five-goal demolition job. Trailing 1-0 at the break, Hall got their act together in a big way after the interva
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Mildenhall Town 5 Halstead Town 1
MILDENHALL got their second half shooting boots on as they blitzed Halstead with a five-goal demolition job.
Trailing 1-0 at the break, 'Hall got their act together in a big way after the interval to put Halstead to the sword.
You may also want to watch:
John Darby got 'Hall level a minute after half-time, and they went ahead with the first of a brace from Stuart Jopling on the hour mark.
Jopling notched again five minutes later to make the score 3-1, before Neal Docking got 'Hall's fourth 10 minutes from time.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
Darby added his second of the day in the 85th minute to complete the rout.
'Hall assistant manager Ricky Cornish said: "In the first half we weren't very good, to be honest. The wind was a major factor.
"We were in cruise control in the first half and we knew we had to step things up in the second half otherwise we would get beaten.
"We had a six changes from last Tuesday's game [against Bury Town] and it's been a problem for us to get a settled side all season. We not had the same team out for more than two games on the spin.