Football: Mildenhall sign Bury Town star
MILDENHALL Town have bolstered their squad with the signing of the 20-year-old midfielder Danny Cornwall. Previously Danny was with Bury Town FC and now renews his association with the ex-Bury Town captain Andy Eady, which may well prove very influential
MILDENHALL Town have bolstered their squad with the signing of the 20-year-old midfielder Danny Cornwall.
Previously Danny was with Bury Town FC and now renews his association with the ex-Bury Town captain Andy Eady, which may well prove very influential in Mildenhall's quest to progress further in this season's FA Vase competition.
Danny, a product of the academy set-ups at Cambridge City and Bury Town, spent three seasons at Bury Town, where he made his first team debut at the age of 16.
This season he was signed by Keith Martin at Halstead Town before being purchased by Needham Market where he was loaned out to Harwich and Parkeston.
Danny, an energetic, ball winning, and attacking midfielder scored more than 20 goals for Bury Town last season.
Indeed his three performances for Bury against Mildenhall last season were a major factor in Mildenhall manager Trevor Munns' decision to sign him.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
Munns said: "In our games against Bury Town last season Danny certainly caused us a number of problems and was one of only a few players that matched the strength of Mat Mitchell-King in midfield.
"Danny is a very talented young player that certainly has the potential to play at a higher level."
Cornwall himself added: "I am so pleased to have signed for Mildenhall Town Football Club, they have a great squad of players and this move has given me an opportunity to focus on the future development of my playing career."
n Mildenhall's Ridgeons Premier League match at Clacton Town on Saturday was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.