Football: Hall were glad of new man Goddard
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 1 Bury Town 1 A GOAL on his debut from Wayne Goddard helped Hall to a share of the points on Tuesday night. Midfielder Goddard, signed earlier this week from Histon, struck on the hour with a free-kick to put the
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Mildenhall Town 1 Bury Town 1
A GOAL on his debut from Wayne Goddard helped 'Hall to a share of the points on Tuesday night.
Midfielder Goddard, signed earlier this week from Histon, struck on the hour with a free-kick to put the home side ahead.
Bury levelled 20 minutes from time with a volley as the two Suffolk sides shared the spoils.
'Hall assistant mamager Ricky Cornish said: "A draw was probably a fair result. We played some good football but we didn't really penetrate them enough.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
"Sometimes you need inspiration as well as perspiration and on Tuesday night we didn't have that.
"They had quite a young side out and realistically we would have liked three points but it didn't happen for us. Bury worked really hard and so did we but we lacked a cutting edge."
In a game of few chances, Graham Rush had a shot dropped on the line by the Bury keeper, but there was little else for supporters of either side to cheer.
Mildenhall welcome Halstead to Recreation Way on Saturday before travelling to Julius Martin Lane on Tuesday night to take on near-neighbours Soham in a Cambs Invitation Cup semi-final.