Football: Comings and goings precede Hall draw
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 0 Woodbridge Town 0 A WEEK of comings and goings at Recreation Way preceded this bore draw. The teams took a share of the spoils in this Suffolk derby, in a game of few chances. Neal Docking had the two best oppor
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Mildenhall Town 0 Woodbridge Town 0
A WEEK of comings and goings at Recreation Way preceded this bore draw.
The teams took a share of the spoils in this Suffolk derby, in a game of few chances. Neal Docking had the two best opportunities for Mildenhall, but had a pair of headers saved.
Perhaps more newsworthy are the signings of midfielders Ben Coker and Danny Mitchell, brought in from League Two side Northampton Town.
Coker made his debut on Saturday in a solid team performance, while Mitchell came off the bench with 15 minutes to go.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 8 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
Going the other way are utility man Lee Summerscales, who has joined Arlesey on loan with a view to a permanent move, while midifielder Tom Hobbs and striker Tom Beech have both left Recreation Way.
"It wasn't a great game, to be honest," said Hall assistant manager Ricky Cornish. "But we can still go for a top-eight finish if we push ourselves.