Ely horse-rider earns spot in national equestrian finals
- Credit: Archant
An Ely horse rider has qualified for the finals of a national equestrian competition.
Flora Hayes from Little Downham earned her spot in the Petplan Equine Area Festivals Finals by securing a score of 70.83% with her horse, Haybells Cinderella, in Lincolnshire over the weekend.
The event comprised of 155 riders where classes ranged from Preliminary through to Advanced Medium, and to qualify for the final, riders needed to achieve the qualifying percentage of 60%.
Flora won the Preliminary Bronze class and now has the opportunity to compete at one of eight Festival Finals between September and October this year, including Codham Park in Essex.
The Petplan Equine Area Festivals take place at 24 competition venues across the UK, giving grassroots riders the chance to compete under championship-style conditions within a supportive and friendly environment.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the series, visit: www.petplanequine.co.uk/area-festivals.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut