City of Ely continue title push while Read shines for Sunday side
- Credit: Archant
City of Ely first-team’s unbeaten run in the Cambs Senior League goes on as they continued their title push.
Michael Sellers’ men won by six wickets at Histon 2nds in Group A, as Ollie Sellers’ 4-35 and Richard Vincett’s 2-22 restricted the hosts to 175 all out.
In reply, Ben Cross smashed 74 as the visitors reached their target with under three overs to spare.
The second-team’s losing run extended to three games in CCA Group H following a six-wicket loss at Ramsey 2nds, Richard Lee top-scoring with 43 before the Huntingdonshire outfit successfully chased down Ely’s 149-9.
Meanwhile, Karl Read impressed for the Sunday side in their 65-run triumph at home to Buckden 1sts.
You may also want to watch:
Read notched 41 runs and figures of 2-2 after posting 205-9, as they defended a revised total of 175 from 34 overs.
On Saturday, the first-team complete their league campaign versus Needingworth at the Paradise Centre (1.30pm), the 2nd XI finish the season at Sutton 1sts (1.30pm) while Ely host leaders Alconbury Development in the Sunday Division of the Hunts League on August 30 (1pm).
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’