First defeats second
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS LEAGUE Men s League NEWMARKET consolidated their position at the head of the table, beating Littleport who stayed second thanks to a win over Soham B in a rearranged match earlier. Ely Beet B, who are level on shots but with six few
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS LEAGUE
NEWMARKET consolidated their position at the head of the table, beating Littleport who stayed second thanks to a win over Soham B in a rearranged match earlier.
Ely Beet B, who are level on shots but with six fewer points than Littleport, are in third place but Soham A's defeat at Isleham cost them four places and they slipped from fourth to eighth.
HAVING been in front all season, Soham B earned no points at Littleport and have been toppled by Isleham. Isleham beat Stretham but lost to Soham A who are now third in the table. Newmarket slipped at Littleport who have moved above them as a result of two victories in the week. City of Ely's improvement continued and they have been unbeaten throughout July.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Afternoon League Division 1
HOME wins of 5-1 against Littleport B and Haddenham A took Willingham back to the top above Burwell, and Littleport bounced back to go third. Littleport A have the same points but are short of shots compared to their rivals. A gap opened up between Mitchell Lodge and Fordham B and the bottom half of the table.
Afternoon League Division 2
HIAMS took the maximum six points from their encounter with Newmarket B and this brought them within two and a half points of the leaders Milton, who were without a match.
Despite losing at Haddenham, Chippenham stay third, one place ahead of Newmarket B and Sutton, who trail closely behind, and are only separated by shot difference. There is no change in the order of the last six teams.