Fine Bowling Helps Fordham To Victory
FORDHAM S superb bowling helped them cruise to a six wicket victory over Saffron Walden II in the Tucker Premier. Though Saffron threatened to get away from the visitors in the early stages with some resilient batting, Fordham, in the shape of Ian Jelleym
FORDHAM'S superb bowling helped them cruise to a six wicket victory over Saffron Walden II in the Tucker Premier.
Though Saffron threatened to get away from the visitors in the early stages with some resilient batting, Fordham, in the shape of Ian Jelleyman (5-39) and Jason Harding (2-8) fought back admirably and reduced the home side to 141-9 from their allotted overs.
Where Saffron had struggled with the bat, Fordham flourished and, save for a few early blows they sailed to victory with Matt Foulds (52) and Mark Abbott (35) leading the scoring.
Fordham II meanwhile, made light work of Willingham as they eased to a 10 wicket victory at the Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Though Willingham had promised a big total after some stout early batting, a few key wickets inspired a dramatic collapse that saw the visitors fall from 91-2 to 115 all out. Chris Rule (4-30) and Sean Brightly (3-19) led the way for the home side.
Batting with supreme confidence, openers Reece Theobold (29*) and Chamilla Priyankara (72*) saw the home side to victory in double quick time.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 8 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 9 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police