Fine Bowling Helps Fordham To Victory
FORDHAM S superb bowling helped them cruise to a six wicket victory over Saffron Walden II in the Tucker Premier. Though Saffron threatened to get away from the visitors in the early stages with some resilient batting, Fordham, in the shape of Ian Jelleym
FORDHAM'S superb bowling helped them cruise to a six wicket victory over Saffron Walden II in the Tucker Premier.
Though Saffron threatened to get away from the visitors in the early stages with some resilient batting, Fordham, in the shape of Ian Jelleyman (5-39) and Jason Harding (2-8) fought back admirably and reduced the home side to 141-9 from their allotted overs.
Where Saffron had struggled with the bat, Fordham flourished and, save for a few early blows they sailed to victory with Matt Foulds (52) and Mark Abbott (35) leading the scoring.
Fordham II meanwhile, made light work of Willingham as they eased to a 10 wicket victory at the Recreation Ground.
Though Willingham had promised a big total after some stout early batting, a few key wickets inspired a dramatic collapse that saw the visitors fall from 91-2 to 115 all out. Chris Rule (4-30) and Sean Brightly (3-19) led the way for the home side.
Batting with supreme confidence, openers Reece Theobold (29*) and Chamilla Priyankara (72*) saw the home side to victory in double quick time.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 10 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives