Fine Bowling Helps Fordham To Victory
FORDHAM S superb bowling helped them cruise to a six wicket victory over Saffron Walden II in the Tucker Premier. Though Saffron threatened to get away from the visitors in the early stages with some resilient batting, Fordham, in the shape of Ian Jelleym
FORDHAM'S superb bowling helped them cruise to a six wicket victory over Saffron Walden II in the Tucker Premier.
Though Saffron threatened to get away from the visitors in the early stages with some resilient batting, Fordham, in the shape of Ian Jelleyman (5-39) and Jason Harding (2-8) fought back admirably and reduced the home side to 141-9 from their allotted overs.
Where Saffron had struggled with the bat, Fordham flourished and, save for a few early blows they sailed to victory with Matt Foulds (52) and Mark Abbott (35) leading the scoring.
Fordham II meanwhile, made light work of Willingham as they eased to a 10 wicket victory at the Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Though Willingham had promised a big total after some stout early batting, a few key wickets inspired a dramatic collapse that saw the visitors fall from 91-2 to 115 all out. Chris Rule (4-30) and Sean Brightly (3-19) led the way for the home side.
Batting with supreme confidence, openers Reece Theobold (29*) and Chamilla Priyankara (72*) saw the home side to victory in double quick time.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone