Mildenhall Fen Tigers confirm no formal action this year due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers Speedway have confirmed they will not be able to compete on the track this year.
However, the club has not ruled out staging a meeting or some training days later in the year, if given the green light.
A statement released by the club said: “It is with considerable disappointment that we wish to inform our supporters that Mildenhall Speedway will be unable to compete in any formal National League/Cup speedway this year.
“The ongoing Covid situation has impacted heavily on our ability to run speedway successfully at Mildenhall Stadium with it being an unviable proposition at the present time, due to the limitations on crowds combined with increased costs and responsibilities that would accrue on top of our normal regular outgoings.
“We are not closed to the possibility of a challenge/individual meeting or training days once we get into October, but only if the government advice makes it practicable for us to do so, and we cannot provide any firm commitment at this time.”
The club thanked their supporters and sponsors during the pandemic, and hope to make a return to action next year.
The statement continued: “We know this will come as a disappointment to our supporters, but we feel sure you will understand the position the club is in and we would like to thank you for your patience and continued support during these most difficult of times.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
“We would also like to go on record thanking our loyal and supportive sponsors Manchetts Rescue and Recovery for their continued support during this period.
“The club are now already looking ahead to next year, we may have missed a year but the Fen Tigers are looking to roar again in 2021, and as always we will keep you informed of developments through our usual social media outlets and website.”