Fast work from Alan
ALAN Newark s stunning form continued with another fastest finish in Ely and District Cycling Club s 10-mile time trial from Sutton to Ely and back. The CC Breckland star missed the 23-minute mark by just three seconds. Eight other riders enjoyed a fast o
ALAN Newark's stunning form continued with another fastest finish in Ely and District Cycling Club's 10-mile time trial from Sutton to Ely and back.
The CC Breckland star missed the 23-minute mark by just three seconds.
Eight other riders enjoyed a fast outward leg but were tested by strong headwinds on the way back.
Steve Presland was again the fastest Ely rider with 24min 13sec, 18 seconds ahead of closest rival Geoff Brewster.
You may also want to watch:
Flying performances also came from Colin Whitechurch with 25:14 and Philip Peacock in 25:37.
Seasoned regulars John Jermy and Celia Whitechurch managed respectable times of 28:44 and 30:09, as did first-timers Nick Sawtell and Mark Huggins with 31:21 and 33:21 respectively.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
The next club event will be the 12-mile circuit of Little Downham and Coveney on Tuesday. Riders should meet at 7.15pm at the Ely Rugby Club car park. Newcomers are welcome to go along and this ride is ideal for beginners.
INFO: You can visit www.elycyclingclub.com or call Marc Cox on 01223 263862.