Fast work from Alan
ALAN Newark s stunning form continued with another fastest finish in Ely and District Cycling Club s 10-mile time trial from Sutton to Ely and back. The CC Breckland star missed the 23-minute mark by just three seconds. Eight other riders enjoyed a fast o
ALAN Newark's stunning form continued with another fastest finish in Ely and District Cycling Club's 10-mile time trial from Sutton to Ely and back.
The CC Breckland star missed the 23-minute mark by just three seconds.
Eight other riders enjoyed a fast outward leg but were tested by strong headwinds on the way back.
Steve Presland was again the fastest Ely rider with 24min 13sec, 18 seconds ahead of closest rival Geoff Brewster.
Flying performances also came from Colin Whitechurch with 25:14 and Philip Peacock in 25:37.
Seasoned regulars John Jermy and Celia Whitechurch managed respectable times of 28:44 and 30:09, as did first-timers Nick Sawtell and Mark Huggins with 31:21 and 33:21 respectively.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
The next club event will be the 12-mile circuit of Little Downham and Coveney on Tuesday. Riders should meet at 7.15pm at the Ely Rugby Club car park. Newcomers are welcome to go along and this ride is ideal for beginners.
INFO: You can visit www.elycyclingclub.com or call Marc Cox on 01223 263862.