Falcons Power Past M17
LITTLEPORT side Falcons stormed to their first league win in eight matches after a 44-18 win against M17. The first quarter saw Falcons take a 7 – 1 lead with some excellent defensive work from Hayley Wilson and Amanda Godfrey. In the second quarter
LITTLEPORT side Falcons stormed to their first league win in eight matches after a 44-18 win against M17.
The first quarter saw Falcons take a 7 - 1 lead with some excellent defensive work from Hayley Wilson and Amanda Godfrey.
In the second quarter Falcons shooting partnership of Lindsey and Laura Neaves clicked into top gear and netted a further 16 goals to go into the half time break 23 - 2 up.
The defensive pairing of Wilson and Godfrey continued to keep the M17 shooters at bay and only conceded one further goal helped by some centre court interceptions by Cass Skipper and Amanda Gibbins.
After half-time MI7 brought on a more experienced shooter which made the Falcons defensive pair work a little harder however the Falcons attacking play continued to create chances and ensured that the home sides' lead had reached 34-10 by the third quarter.
In the final quarter Falcons kept pushing on and increased their lead by a further 2 goals.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
Falcons train at Littleport Leisure Centre on Mondays between 7.30 & 9.00pm. If you're interested in joining a small friendly netball club please contact Laura on 07847 183312 or firstname.lastname@example.org all standards & ages welcome.