FA Cup and Trophy draw: second Newcastle Town meeting in three years for Soham Town Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers will face either Lincolnshire or Norfolk-based opponents in the preliminary round of the FA Cup.
Dave Theobald and Robbie Nightingale’s men are set to take on the winner of the tie between Lincs side Harrowby United, or Norfolk side Thetford Town at home on Saturday August 20.
The Greens then travel up to Staffordshire on Saturday October 8 for a tricky tie with Evo-Stick Division One South mid-tablers Newcastle Town in the preliminary round of the FA Trophy.
Soham have met with Newcastle in previous seasons, beating them 1-0 in 2013.
If they make it through the preliminary round, they then face another lengthy trip – this time to Stoke-on-Trent - to take on Evo-Stik Division One South side, Kidsgrove Athletic, on Saturday October 29.
You may also want to watch:
Soham will look to improve on their previous performance in the competition when they were knocked out in the first round by Carlton Town.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit