Clubs granted extension to step five and six seasons due to lockdown
- Credit: Archant
An extension to the 2020-21 season for our step five and six teams has been granted.
Ely City, March Town, Wisbech St Mary and Whittlesey Athletic will now finish their seasons later than planned after a national lockdown was imposed due to coronavirus.
Ely, March and Wisbech St Mary, who all play in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League, are now due to end their campaigns on Saturday, May 15, while Whittlesey of the Uhlsport United Counties League will also conclude their season on the same date.
All of our clubs have been given a choice as to when they would like to restart pending on current lockdown measures ending on December 2.
Wisbech St Mary aim to return to First Division North action at Sheringham on Saturday, December 5, the same day as Whittlesey visit Raunds Town in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Ely resume their Premier Division schedule at Swaffham Town on Tuesday, December 8 while March restart their First Division North promotion charge at home to Ipswich Wanderers on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years