Clubs granted extension to step five and six seasons due to lockdown
- Credit: Archant
An extension to the 2020-21 season for our step five and six teams has been granted.
Ely City, March Town, Wisbech St Mary and Whittlesey Athletic will now finish their seasons later than planned after a national lockdown was imposed due to coronavirus.
Ely, March and Wisbech St Mary, who all play in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League, are now due to end their campaigns on Saturday, May 15, while Whittlesey of the Uhlsport United Counties League will also conclude their season on the same date.
All of our clubs have been given a choice as to when they would like to restart pending on current lockdown measures ending on December 2.
Wisbech St Mary aim to return to First Division North action at Sheringham on Saturday, December 5, the same day as Whittlesey visit Raunds Town in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Ely resume their Premier Division schedule at Swaffham Town on Tuesday, December 8 while March restart their First Division North promotion charge at home to Ipswich Wanderers on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor