Excellent times at second Witchford duathlon event
- Credit: Archant
A HARDENED field of 90 athletes lined up for the start of the Monster Racing Duathlon on Sunday at Witchford Village College.
The gruelling event tasked competitors to complete a 5km run, a 25km bike ride and another 5km run.
Both run and bike course offered a fast and flat route around the Lancaster Way Business Park, in Witchford.
First across the line in the men’s race was Phil Melling (Huub TFN RT) in a time of 1h 14mins and 27secs. Second male was Tom Vickery (Cambridge Triathlon Club), 1:14:52, and third male was Karl Free (Metropolitan Police Triathlon Club), 1:16:53The women’s race was won by Lucy Gossage (Cambridge Triathlon Club) in a time of 1h 19mins and 53secs. Second female was Vicky Gill (Swim For Tri), 1:23:26, and third female was Esther Rodriguez (Cambridge Triathlon Club), 1:25:55.
Athletes from local clubs, Ely Tri Club and Ely Runners took part, in ordering of finishing: Madeline Howarth (1:45:36), Kirstie Blencowe (1:46:42), Laura Marshall-Colling (1:58:42), Samantha Collins-Shirley (2:02:29) and age group winner Sandie Jardine (2:11:32).
You may also want to watch:
Event photos are available www.ian-greenphotography.co.uk.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’