Enter the 2012 Ely Standard Sports Awards
NOMINATIONS for the 2012 Ely Standard Sports Awards are flooding in but there is still time for you to get your entries in.
After the success of our last three events event, we will again be celebrating sporting achievement in East Cambridgeshire while recognising all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes in local sport.
Our main sponsor this year is Sainsbury’s and the awards ceremony will take place at Ely Rugby Club on Downham Road in May.
Also sponsoring awards this year are Ivor Searle, the Witchford School Sports Partnership and Star Radio.
Sports editor Daniel Mansfield said: “The aim of the awards is not only to recognise sporting achievement in East Cambridgeshire, but also to encourage and support future sports men and women who may even have greater ambitions in the national arena and, in particular, the 2012 Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have awards to recognise all the people who work behind the scenes and make it possible for sports clubs to run efficiently and sometimes even function financially.
“We would love to receive nominations from greenkeepers, the mums who wash the dirty kits and all those hard-working individuals who turn out in all weathers to ensure people can compete.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
To enter our awards, either go online to www.elystandard24.co.uk and click on Sports Awards button, pop into our office at 38 Market Street in Ely or call Daniel on 01353 645693 to discuss your nomination.
For more information about the event, turn to Page 9.