End Of Season Awards For Youngsters
WITH the strains and stresses of the regular football season now over, colts teams across the region took the opportunity to honour their outstanding players. Stretham Sporting U13 s finished a decent season as runners up in Under 13 D-League and also did
WITH the strains and stresses of the regular football season now over, colts teams across the region took the opportunity to honour their outstanding players.
Stretham Sporting U13's finished a decent season as runners up in Under 13 D-League and also did well to reach the semi-finals of the League Cup.
The team, along with manager Matt Oates, attended the Colts league Corn Exchange presentation at the weekend where Liam Woollard was crowned player of the season.
Ely Crusaders held their bumper presentation night at the weekend with all 171 players from Under 6 to Under 17 receiving a trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Player of Year Trophies went to Finlay Logan (U11), Luke Brown (U12), Harry Beeton (U13), Callum Carter (U14), Tyler Broker (U16A), Tom Sharpe (U16B) & John Bartlett (U17). Runner-Up Player of Year went to Edward Kratz (U11), Charlie Root (U12), Scott Callaghan (U13), Kurtis Mpundu (U14), Sam Goodge (16A), Matthew Thorpe (U16B), & Ally Bailey (U17).
Top Goal Scorer went to Max Wright (U11), Players Player of Year to Mitchel Morse (U12) & Tom Sharpe (U16B).
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Most Improved to Oscar Haines & Alex Germeney (U13's), Michael Newton (U14's) & Daniel Hatchett (U17's). Supporters Player of Year to Daniel Hines (U16A). The Barry Newell Award went to Under 9 player James Calladine.
There were also awards for the players from Ely City U15 team who faced off against their dad's in an end-of-season exhibition match that they managed to win by a resounding 5-0 score-line.