End Of Season Awards For Youngsters
WITH the strains and stresses of the regular football season now over, colts teams across the region took the opportunity to honour their outstanding players. Stretham Sporting U13 s finished a decent season as runners up in Under 13 D-League and also did
WITH the strains and stresses of the regular football season now over, colts teams across the region took the opportunity to honour their outstanding players.
Stretham Sporting U13's finished a decent season as runners up in Under 13 D-League and also did well to reach the semi-finals of the League Cup.
The team, along with manager Matt Oates, attended the Colts league Corn Exchange presentation at the weekend where Liam Woollard was crowned player of the season.
Ely Crusaders held their bumper presentation night at the weekend with all 171 players from Under 6 to Under 17 receiving a trophy.
Player of Year Trophies went to Finlay Logan (U11), Luke Brown (U12), Harry Beeton (U13), Callum Carter (U14), Tyler Broker (U16A), Tom Sharpe (U16B) & John Bartlett (U17). Runner-Up Player of Year went to Edward Kratz (U11), Charlie Root (U12), Scott Callaghan (U13), Kurtis Mpundu (U14), Sam Goodge (16A), Matthew Thorpe (U16B), & Ally Bailey (U17).
Top Goal Scorer went to Max Wright (U11), Players Player of Year to Mitchel Morse (U12) & Tom Sharpe (U16B).
- 1 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 5 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 6 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
Most Improved to Oscar Haines & Alex Germeney (U13's), Michael Newton (U14's) & Daniel Hatchett (U17's). Supporters Player of Year to Daniel Hines (U16A). The Barry Newell Award went to Under 9 player James Calladine.
There were also awards for the players from Ely City U15 team who faced off against their dad's in an end-of-season exhibition match that they managed to win by a resounding 5-0 score-line.