Ely Vikings Korfball Club celebrate their 10th anniversary with youth tournament
- Credit: Archant
Korfball is a sport that is increasing in popularity across the country, and an Ely-based club celebrated its tenth anniversary by holding a youth tournament.
Eight teams entered the Ely Vikings’ anniversary under 11s tournament on Saturday, with some travelling from as far as Milton Keynes.
Droves of spectators flocked to the event that had a round-robin format, with the top two teams going head-to-head in the tournament’s finale.
At the half way stage, five teams were separated by just one point, making for some entertaining action in the afternoon.
Two Norwich sides – Norwich I and Norwich II – dominated proceedings, and faced off for the trophy in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich I were tipped to come out on top as they had won all their games previously – including a crushing 6-1 win over their final rivals – but Norwich II produced a solid display and secured a 2-2 draw, meaning the shares were spoiled.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home