Ely Vikings Korfball Club celebrate another season of success with annual awards bash
- Credit: Archant
Ely Vikings Korfball Club marked the close of its second consecutive championship-winning season with its annual awards ceremony.
The Vikings scooped the Cambridgeshire Korfball Association League One title for the second year last month, and celebrated their success by handing out awards to their players and staff last weekend.
Charlotte Marsh won the player’s female player and best female attacker awards and Chris Brown bagged the player’s male player, best male player and the Martin Brown Cup.
Adam Twiss scooped the most valued player of the second team and the Jon Smith Memorial Shield, while most improved female player went to Emma Hale.
Oscar Edwards was named best male defender, and Hannah Brown won the same award but for the women.
You may also want to watch:
George Notley was named most improved male, Dave Hodge claimed the most valued player in the third team and Annabelle Marsh won the same award for the fourth team.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed