Ely Vikings juniors help Cambridgeshire to fourth place at area Korfball competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely Vikings had four juniors in Cambridgeshire squads at a major inter-area competition, facing other counties from across the country.
Dana Fraser, Joshua Ford and Daisy Wright represented the county at under-11s, who finished fourth, missing out on a bronze medal by just one goal.
Oscar Edwards, representing the under-17s, picked up a bronze medal, as the team finished third.
The county’s under-15s side won their tournament and secured gold, while the under-13s took silver.
Ely Vikings coach Chris Brown said: “These results show the growing success of the county’s youth korfball, and the strength of Ely Vikings thanks to regular junior coaching.”
You may also want to watch:
Ely Vikings junior coaching is on Monday evenings, from 6pm to 7pm, at Ely College.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse