Ely Victoria Badminton Club stars crowned kings and queens of Cambridgeshire Restricted competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely Victoria Badminton Club served up even more success last weekend.
The club’s best talents took part in the Cambridgeshire Restricted competition – a tournament for the county’s best badminton players.
Ely players teamed up with other county representatives to take a number of prizes over the two-day event.
James Wilson teamed up with ex-member Sara Cunnington to clinch the mixed doubles title, beating fellow club member Neil Place and partner, Hannah Sharman.
There was a Wilson double-header in the men’s doubles final, as Ely’s James combined with Comberton’s Campbell to beat last year’s champions, Neil Place and Abu Kaher of Hurst.
You may also want to watch:
Place then returned to action to finish in second in the men’s single plate event.
For more information on the club, search ‘Ely Victoria Badminton Club’ on Facebook.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station