Ely Triathlon and Aquathlon to return to city for seventh year
- Credit: Archant
Two of the most eagerly-anticipated sporting events in Ely are to return again for a seventh year.
The Ely Triathlon and Kids Aquathlon is to take place this year on Sunday August 28 at King’s School – and athletes of all ages are invited to get involved.
The triathlon will consist of three elements – a 300 metre swim, a 20 kilometre cycle and a five kilometre run, and the aquathlon – aimed at younger athletes – will see them swim either 100m, 150m or 200m before either a 800m or 1,200m run around the field at King’s.
Boys and girls, aged nine to 15, will compete in medals across three different age groups.
Member of Ely Tri-Squad, Kevin Chalmers, said the annual event is growing by the year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The event is now in its seventh year and has grown year on year, with numerous adults and children returning to the event.”
For more information, or to enter, visit www.entrycentral.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'