Ely Tri Club star represents Great Britain at Duathlon World Championships
ELY Tri Club star Graham Chapman said it was an honour to compete for Great Britain at the Duathlon World Championships in France.
The veteran put in a stunning performance on the streets of Nancy to finish 19th in the 55-59 age group.
He conquered the 10K run, 40K bike ride and then a further 5K run in two hours and 16 minutes.
Chapman said: “As it was a two-hour plus race, I started off in the middle of the pack and slowly worked my way up into the top 10 by the end of the first 10K.
“There were a couple of silly mistakes in and out of T1 but I got on the bike course and slowly the odd cyclist was going past me.
You may also want to watch:
“I nearly lost it on a double downhill turn but as each lap went on I think I started to hold my own. The bike is something I’m really going to have to work on.
“I got into T2 and I was relieved to get off the bike and overtake the odd runner on the second run. “All in all, it was a great weekend, a great honour and a fantastic experience.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Next year, Chapman said he hoped to enter the British Championships and the sprint and Olympic qualifiers in September.