RUGBY UNION: Ely Tigers under 15s get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
The future is looking bright for the Ely Tigers if the club’s youth sides are anything to go by.
The club’s under 15s forgot about their recent woes to storm to a commanding 49-19 victory over Bury St Edmunds.
Mack Pilkington and Will Garner handed Ely the perfect start but Bury responded well to take a 14-12 lead into the break.
But Ely turned on the style in the second half and John Preston helped himself to a hat-trick to guide his side to victory. Fletcher Collins and George Hay also dotted down.
Coach, Steve Brown, said: “From one to 23, Ely all played their part in what we hope is a turning point for the boys.
You may also want to watch:
“They have had some heavy defeats recently but they have been putting the work in on the training pitch and showed great awareness and game controlling ability.
“Even when they went down on score board they spoke about what was needed and executed it. Credit to Bury St Edmunds; in the end the score did not reflect the game they gave us.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment