Rugby: Ely Tigers tame Woodbridge in nine-try romp
- Credit: Archant
Ely Tigers proved too strong for Woodbridge in their latest London Three Eastern Counties outing, romping to a 53-3 victory.
It took them several minutes to open their account, as Matt McCarthy found space on the blindside and touched down in the corner for a converted try.
Jacob Muncey then went over from the back of a maul and, after Tom Holloway disrupted a Woodbridge lineout, he ran in for a second try from 30 metres.
Woodbridge replied with a penalty before half time to make it 15-3, but the second half was one-way traffic as Ely broke out to score six more tries.
Paul Dewey helped himself to a brace, with Luke Turner, McCahrty, Nathan Brooks and James Buckland also touching down.
You may also want to watch:
The win leaves Ely in third place, five points behind leaders Wymondham with a game in hand.
Tigers are set to travel to bottom club Ipswich YM this weekend.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'