Ely Tigers prepare for new season after Covid-19 lockdown
- Credit: Steve Wells
Over 30 players laced their boots as Ely Tigers Rugby Club began preparations for the new season.
The club, on Downham Road, returned to training for the first time last week and will continue to work towards the new Eastern Counties League campaign.
Head coach Buzz Coulson led the sessions while adhering to Covid-19 guidance from the RFU’s ‘Return to Rugby’ roadmap, where full contact training can now resume.
Chris Day, chairman of Ely Tigers, said: “Buzz and his team are making sure the sessions are varied and take into account the fact several of the boys haven’t trained in well over a year.
“I think there are too many unknowns going into the new season to be able to predict anything for our teams.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim is to reconnect as a squad and be as prepared as we can be to give both teams the best start we can to the season.”
Ely are due to face Norwich Union in their opening league game on Saturday, September 18.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 4 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it