Ely Tigers Mini-section round-up
ELY S Mini-section made the long trip to a desolate West Norfolk, along with Market Deeping, where they had to battle against extreme cold on Sunday. The Tiger-11s did not get into their first game against West Norfolk, losing 0-4 but despite the artic co
ELY'S Mini-section made the long trip to a desolate West Norfolk, along with Market Deeping, where they had to battle against extreme cold on Sunday.
The Tiger-11s did not get into their first game against West Norfolk, losing 0-4 but despite the artic conditions the team slowly improved so that the second game against Market Deeping was much closer, the
Tigers losing 4-3 with Ryan Pease scoring all three tries.
The Tiger-10s also needed a wake-up call, apparently not really part of the first game which they lost to West Norfolk 0-4. However, they refound their drive for the second against Market Deeping winning 4-3 with Oliver Bailey scoring three tries and Dominic Brady getting the fourth.
The Tiger under-8s played four matches. they played some good rugby in the first game, winning 4-3 with tries by Jake Butler, Alex Brown and Anthony Riches(2).
The second match was less successful as they went down 5-2 with Anthony
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
Riches and Matthew Foy scoring. The third was a close contest ending
four a piece, with tries by Alex Brown (3) and Matthew Foy.
The last match was the least successful, unluckily losing 9-1 with Matthew Foy scoring Ely's lone effort. However, the players are all developing well and putting into practise what they are learning at training.
The Tiger under-7s firstly played a fairly evenly matched game with West
Norfolk under-7s which finished 4-4, with Ely probably the stronger
There was some good tagging, strong support play and effective
running from both teams.
The Ely scorers were Jake Newton, Jacob Dawes,Daniel Piper and James Everitt-Carr.
Their second and final game was against a seriously depleted Market Deeping side who had to borrow four of West Norfolk's players to make up the players required. By now the biting cold was beginning to take effect and the tags were not coming off.
Deeping opened up a commanding lead for Ely to claw back. Whilst
the gap was reduced Ely had to concede 4-3.
The Ely scorers were Matthew Whitworth, Daniel Piper and James Everitt-Carr.