Ely Tigers Mini-section round-up
ELY S Mini-section made the long trip to a desolate West Norfolk, along with Market Deeping, where they had to battle against extreme cold on Sunday. The Tiger-11s did not get into their first game against West Norfolk, losing 0-4 but despite the artic co
ELY'S Mini-section made the long trip to a desolate West Norfolk, along with Market Deeping, where they had to battle against extreme cold on Sunday.
The Tiger-11s did not get into their first game against West Norfolk, losing 0-4 but despite the artic conditions the team slowly improved so that the second game against Market Deeping was much closer, the
Tigers losing 4-3 with Ryan Pease scoring all three tries.
The Tiger-10s also needed a wake-up call, apparently not really part of the first game which they lost to West Norfolk 0-4. However, they refound their drive for the second against Market Deeping winning 4-3 with Oliver Bailey scoring three tries and Dominic Brady getting the fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The Tiger under-8s played four matches. they played some good rugby in the first game, winning 4-3 with tries by Jake Butler, Alex Brown and Anthony Riches(2).
The second match was less successful as they went down 5-2 with Anthony
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Riches and Matthew Foy scoring. The third was a close contest ending
four a piece, with tries by Alex Brown (3) and Matthew Foy.
The last match was the least successful, unluckily losing 9-1 with Matthew Foy scoring Ely's lone effort. However, the players are all developing well and putting into practise what they are learning at training.
The Tiger under-7s firstly played a fairly evenly matched game with West
Norfolk under-7s which finished 4-4, with Ely probably the stronger
There was some good tagging, strong support play and effective
running from both teams.
The Ely scorers were Jake Newton, Jacob Dawes,Daniel Piper and James Everitt-Carr.
Their second and final game was against a seriously depleted Market Deeping side who had to borrow four of West Norfolk's players to make up the players required. By now the biting cold was beginning to take effect and the tags were not coming off.
Deeping opened up a commanding lead for Ely to claw back. Whilst
the gap was reduced Ely had to concede 4-3.
The Ely scorers were Matthew Whitworth, Daniel Piper and James Everitt-Carr.