Ely Tigers attack as they slice through opposition in latest match
- Credit: Archant
The Tigers absorbed a lot of pressure early on as Thurston were pumped from the off – and disaster struck when Ely had a man red carded.
Afterwards Thurston scored from an Ely error when the ball was knocked-on and fly-hacked through, the opposition won the chase and dotted down for a converted try.
Thurston then lost a man to the sin bin and consistent pressure from Ely finally paid off when Luke Cornwell touched down in the corner at the back of a rolling maul.
In the second half Ely’s fitness started to show and Thurston were unable to deal with the Tigers attack.
Ely gained a scrum on the five metre the ball came out and a well worked back move saw Ryan Clark slice straight through the opposition defence and touch down for a converted try.
You may also want to watch:
In the final play of the game the Tigers shipped it wide to Luke Turner who sprinted round two defenders a dotted down for a final try.
Man of the match went to Grant Storey for a solid performance in the loose play.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
The final score was 38-10.