Ely Tigers attack as they slice through opposition in latest match
- Credit: Archant
The Tigers absorbed a lot of pressure early on as Thurston were pumped from the off – and disaster struck when Ely had a man red carded.
Afterwards Thurston scored from an Ely error when the ball was knocked-on and fly-hacked through, the opposition won the chase and dotted down for a converted try.
Thurston then lost a man to the sin bin and consistent pressure from Ely finally paid off when Luke Cornwell touched down in the corner at the back of a rolling maul.
In the second half Ely’s fitness started to show and Thurston were unable to deal with the Tigers attack.
Ely gained a scrum on the five metre the ball came out and a well worked back move saw Ryan Clark slice straight through the opposition defence and touch down for a converted try.
In the final play of the game the Tigers shipped it wide to Luke Turner who sprinted round two defenders a dotted down for a final try.
Man of the match went to Grant Storey for a solid performance in the loose play.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
The final score was 38-10.