Fighting spirit proves little for Ely Tigers on disappointing day
- Credit: Steve Wells
Ely Tigers fell to back-to-back defeats having taken the lead in their latest London 3 Eastern Counties League clash.
A much-changed line-up travelled to Ipswich Y.M. on November 6, as replacement John Dibb found Alfie Ramswell for the game’s opening try.
Ipswich soon drew level despite a late tackle from Ely’s Matt McCarthy amid a growing penalty count for the visitors.
And it was from a penalty that allowed Ipswich to increase their lead to give the hosts a 12-5 lead at half-time.
Ely were revitalised as they applied pressure on the home side’s back line, before Adam Tallack crossed to draw the teams level.
But once again, Ipswich took advantage of a penalty with a try and conversion to lead 19-12.
Mitch Kennett then scored for Ely followed by Jake Alsop’s conversion to equalise, but paid the price after switching off from the restart to lose 24-19.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 8 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Two year ban on begging for these six
Ely Tigers host Woodbridge at Cambridge Commodities Park on November 13.