Ely Tigers 17-10 West Norfolk: Rogerson at the double as the Tigers bag first win of the season
- Credit: Archant
Ely Tigers bounced back from their opening day defeat and registered their first London Leagues success with a 17-10 victory over West Norfolk.
Playing their first home match of the season, the Tigers began on the front foot and produced a rousing first-half display that was good enough to secure their first points of the season.
Ely took an early lead through Harry Rogerson, who made the most of some quick hands to dart over for an unconverted try.
John Dibb soon extended the hosts’ advantage when he crashed over despite the efforts of two West Norfolk defenders and Rogerson soon added his second try of the afternoon when neatly skipping past his opposing number. The steady boot of Joel Scott Paul added the extras.
Ely were pegged back by injury in the second period allowing Norfolk to bag two tries of their own, but the home side remained resolute in defence and closed out a hard-fought 17-10 success.
You may also want to watch:
The Tigers will look to notch a second victory in a row on Saturday when they travel to take on Harlow.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation