10is Academy on brink of silverware after battling win
- Credit: 10is Academy
10is Academy are on the brink of winning silverware after a narrow win left them one match away from National League glory.
The club’s 16U Girls team beat Cambridge Tennis Academy 8-4 in Division One on Sunday, June 20 after a battling display.
10is’ number one player Georgia Shields won both her singles matches 6-1, 4-6, 10-5 and doubles matches 6-3, 6-2, while Ciara Comley lost in match of the day, 7-6 (6-8), 4-6.
However, Comley did not let defeat hinder her performance in the doubles to leave her team in pole position to lift the trophy.
Newcome Tru Dymble also played, losing in two sets 3-6, 4-6.
You may also want to watch:
Sebastian Scaux, coach at 10is Academy, said: “This has been a strange year for everyone and be one match away from winning the league is something positive we could remember.
“We have one more match against Cambridge Tennis Academy and after the first match, it is clear that they have as much right as us to claim the title.”
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book