Harsh lesson for Ely tennis youngsters after heavy defeats
- Credit: 10is Academy
It was tough pickings for 10is Academy after experiencing heavy defeats in the National League.
The Ely club’s 12U boys were victims of the Cambridge LTC steamroller in their 12-0 loss in Division One, and head coach Sebastien Scaux stated where his team could improve.
He said: “The 12 & Under boys team won their previous game against Peterborough, but you could see a lack of intensity and focus.
“Against powerful players like Cambridge LTC have, playing without focus and high intensity doesn’t give you much hope of victory.
“The boys are gutted because they know there's more in them.”
You may also want to watch:
It was a similar fate for the 10U mixed team who, despite a battling performance, lost 10-2 to Bourn.
Scaux added: “Both our teams played with three players instead of four.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank
“Knowing you are starting your matches already having lost a third of the rubbers, you know you will need a great performance from all of your players to hope for victory.”
The 16U girls’ match at Cambridge Academy on Saturday was cancelled due to rain.
On May 22, 10is’ 14U boys will be in action at home to David Lloyd Cambridge.