Ely Swimming Club get welcome fund raising boost thanks to local company
- Credit: Archant
Ely Swimming Club are celebrating this weekend after they received some much-needed financial backing.
The club required backstroke ledges for all eight lanes at their Hive Leisure Centre base in order to help their swimmers gain vital experience in both training and club championships.
That's where Ely-based business Grovemere Property Limited step in, which alongside the club's own fundraising efforts, donated £600 in order for a full set of ledges to be bought.
No time has been wasted since the ledges were bought, going straight into action at the club's annual championships that are currently taking place.
It is hoped the backstroke ledges will allow the current squad to remain competitive with other rival clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Grovemere Property Limited, based at Lancaster Way Business Park, work alongside an economic development team as well as local and national organisations to provide high-quality employment space and new business to the area.
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed