Ely students to the fore at UK championships
- Credit: Archant
There were some podium finishes for Ely students at the Tae Kwon-Do British Championships, held in Worcester.
More than 1,500 competitors and 400 officials gathered for the biggest competition of the domestic tae kwon-do year, including 40 students from the Mark Farnham School of Tae Kwon-Do.
And there were some impressive showings from Ely students, with podium finishes for Chris Benstead, Jake Boydell, Alan Harfield and Carrie Lord.
Mark Farnham, who runs classes at the Paradise Centre, said: “To win any award at this event is a very serious achievement, so we are very proud to have won these awards throughout our schools. A very well done to all of the students who achieved these awards.
You may also want to watch:
“And a big thank you to all of the officials and spectators who took the long journey to support us.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Chris Benstead Mens Black Belt Sparring 3rd
Jake Boydell Boys Black Belt Team Sparring 2nd
Alan Harfield Mens Red Belt Sparring 3rd
Carrie Lord Girls Black Belt Sparring 2nd