Ely students shine at English Championships
- Credit: Archant
Tae kwon-do A group of four talented fighters from Ely’s Mark Farnham School came away with medals from the English Championships held in Worcester at the weekend.
More than 1,200 competitors converged on the Worcester Arena for the second biggest tae kwon-do event of the year, competing for medals in pattern, sparring, destruction and team sparring events.
And there were top finishes for four Ely students, including a first place in patterns for Christopher Le, who also scored a third place in sparring.
Robin Gilham came home second in the men’s green belt patterns and Abigail Hickman was third in girl’s black belt sparring.
Mark Farnham said: “To win any award at this event is a very serious achievement, so very well done to the students. We are now preparing for their next event which will be the Welsh Championships in Cardiff in May.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in learning a Martial Art in a fun, friendly atmosphere should contact Mark on 07771644460 or please visit our web site www.mftkd.co.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor