Ely struggle with strong winds on their first outing
LAST Tuesday saw Ely and District Cycling Club s first outing of the year on the popular Sutton/Earith/Haddenham circuit which turned out to be somewhat of a struggle with some varying wind conditions despite otherwise favourable conditions. The circuit
LAST Tuesday saw Ely and District Cycling Club's first outing of the year on the popular Sutton/Earith/Haddenham circuit which turned out to be somewhat of a struggle with some varying wind conditions despite otherwise favourable conditions.
The circuit requires an amount of experience in guaging effort being a quite technical course with a testing climb through Haddenham. New riders were greeted and recorded some superb times alongside club regulars with another fine display of bike handling and speed from 'Team Whitechurch', Colin and Celia who powered home their tandem for an excellent 32:51.
The next event for the club will be on May 23 for the 25-mile Sheriff Cup from Witchford to Chatteris and back. Riders should meet at the Witchford Pavillion, Bedwell Hey Lane, Witchford at least 15 minutes before the official start time of 7pm. Everyone is welcome to come and have a go.
For more details check out the website www.elycyclingclub .com or telephone Marc Cox on 01353 749507.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, take a look on the message board at www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/edcc.html and ask about anything cycling.
1 Alan Newark 31.16
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
2 Geoff Brewster 31.45
3 Colin and Celia Whitechurch 32.51 (tandem)
4 Andy Clarke 33.35
5 Cliff Loveday 35.04
6 Tom Sykes 35.39
7 Malcolm Robinson 35.43
8 Richard Winrow 36.27
9 Martin Holland 36.47
10 Darron Cole 37.16
12 Nigel Leadbeater 37.44
13 Kevin Spalding 37.45
14 Eddie Green 38.16
15 David Black 38.49
16 Ray Jolly 40.22
17 Harvey Leadbeater 41.46
18 Carly Wilson 43.18