Ely struggle with strong winds on their first outing
LAST Tuesday saw Ely and District Cycling Club s first outing of the year on the popular Sutton/Earith/Haddenham circuit which turned out to be somewhat of a struggle with some varying wind conditions despite otherwise favourable conditions. The circuit
LAST Tuesday saw Ely and District Cycling Club's first outing of the year on the popular Sutton/Earith/Haddenham circuit which turned out to be somewhat of a struggle with some varying wind conditions despite otherwise favourable conditions.
The circuit requires an amount of experience in guaging effort being a quite technical course with a testing climb through Haddenham. New riders were greeted and recorded some superb times alongside club regulars with another fine display of bike handling and speed from 'Team Whitechurch', Colin and Celia who powered home their tandem for an excellent 32:51.
The next event for the club will be on May 23 for the 25-mile Sheriff Cup from Witchford to Chatteris and back. Riders should meet at the Witchford Pavillion, Bedwell Hey Lane, Witchford at least 15 minutes before the official start time of 7pm. Everyone is welcome to come and have a go.
For more details check out the website www.elycyclingclub .com or telephone Marc Cox on 01353 749507.
Alternatively, take a look on the message board at www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/edcc.html and ask about anything cycling.
1 Alan Newark 31.16
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 8 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
2 Geoff Brewster 31.45
3 Colin and Celia Whitechurch 32.51 (tandem)
4 Andy Clarke 33.35
5 Cliff Loveday 35.04
6 Tom Sykes 35.39
7 Malcolm Robinson 35.43
8 Richard Winrow 36.27
9 Martin Holland 36.47
10 Darron Cole 37.16
12 Nigel Leadbeater 37.44
13 Kevin Spalding 37.45
14 Eddie Green 38.16
15 David Black 38.49
16 Ray Jolly 40.22
17 Harvey Leadbeater 41.46
18 Carly Wilson 43.18