Ely Outdoor Sports Association awarded £5,000 to revamp kitchen after winning 15,000 public votes
- Credit: Archant
Ely Outdoor Sports Association (EOSA) has been awarded £5,000 to help towards the refurbishment of their new kitchen.
The money comes from the Calor Gas Commuity Awards after they secured more than 15,000 public votes.
The kitchen in the Clubhouse was fitted when it was built more than 25 years ago.
It had become unhygienic with broken and cracked flooring and surfaces and is desperately in need of replacing.
Not only used by EOSA’s member sports clubs – Ely City Hockey Club and Ely Tigers Rugby Club - for the preparation of match teas every weekend, the kitchen is also used by members of the local community who hire the bar and social area for parties and functions.
You may also want to watch:
A post by the group on social media earlier this week, said; “Delighted to announce that we have just had confirmation that we have been awarded £5,000 in the Calor Gas community awards.
“Thank you to everyone who voted.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
The facilities at EOSA include three full size rugby pitches, an astro-turf pitch and four tennis courts.
For more information visit www.elyoutdoorsports.co.uk