Ely Show Winning Colours
HOCKEY ELY 1ST XI 4 BOURNE 2ND XI 1 AFTER narrowly missing out on promotion last season, Ely served notice of their 2008/2009 intent with a 4-1 victory over Bourne. There was sustained early pressure from the home side, and within two minutes they were re
ELY 1ST XI 4 BOURNE 2ND XI 1
AFTER narrowly missing out on promotion last season, Ely served notice of their 2008/2009 intent with a 4-1 victory over Bourne.
There was sustained early pressure from the home side, and within two minutes they were rewarded with a short corner. A brief one-two at the top of the D saw a shot saved by the visiting 'keeper, but Tony Hugo reverse-sticked his shot into the net to put the home side in front.
You may also want to watch:
Ely then conceded a goal in similar circumstances, but Hugo restored the team's advantage with a brilliant individual effort.
Ely dominated the second half, and Tom Rutledge swept home Hugo's right wing pass to make it 3-1.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
Feroze Abbas set up Ely's final goal with a great dribble down the right, with Hugo and Vincent splitting the Bourne defence on the penalty spot before Hugo completed his hat-trick.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to legal professional privilege. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are