ELY RUNNERS ROUND UP
THE popular and demanding Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog took place at Brandon Forest on Friday. Five Ely Runners were among the 298 finishers. The undulating cross-country course of uneven and twisting forest tracks was 4.78 miles, a similar distance to last ye
THE popular and demanding Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog took place at Brandon Forest on Friday. Five Ely Runners were among the 298 finishers.
The undulating cross-country course of uneven and twisting forest tracks was 4.78 miles, a similar distance to last year, but times were slower as it was a more challenging course this time round.
Conditions were good, being mild and without wind.
Official Results: 12. John Crisp 30:10 venue best position; 23. Stephen Tovey 31:59; 37. Simon Jackson 33.10 venue PB and best position; 69. John Turner 36:00 1st MV60; 183. Julie Foreman 44:44 venue PB and best position.
You may also want to watch:
# There were three Ely Runners among the 64 finishers in the EVAC 5k Championships held at Cambridge/Grantchester on Sunday.
The runners were competing over a fast 5k loop from Cambridge and back via Grantchester. Conditions were very hot and sunny with a light wind.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Official results: 6. Alfredo Verna 18:07, 4th MV40 (WAVA 76.57 per cent); 8. Stephen Howard 18:16, 5th MV40 (WAVA 74.57 per cent); 27. Maurice Reed 20:32, 9th MV40 (WAVA 67.07 per cent).
Also on Sunday, two Ely Runners were well up among the 513 finishers in the Harlow 10 Miles Road Race, competing on a fast undulating course of urban cycleways, roads and park land. Even though the race started at 9.30am conditions were very hot.
Official results: 15. Ian Day 1:01:43, 37. Glyn Loveday 1:05:24.
# Stephen Howard came third in male veterans 40-and-over category in the recent Evac 10k Championships at Comberton last month. He was ninth overall.