ATHLETICS: Ely Runners’ 10-week course ends with ‘superb’ 5K run
- Credit: Archant
To mark the end of Ely Runners’ beginner’s course, all participants took part in a 5K run.
The 10-week programme aims to build people’s technique and running form to prepare them for one final challenge.
Each participant was supported through weekly sessions, beginning with a focus on warm-up techniques.
A spokesman said: “This was the culmination of weeks of hard work by all concerned, made possible by coaches and club volunteers giving up their free time.
“Everyone did brilliantly and the course is becoming increasingly popular with places filling up quickly.”
You may also want to watch:
Ely Runners was formed in 1985 and now has over 300 members and has a ‘Community Amateur Sports Club’ status.
They train from the Paradise Sports Centre in Ely on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and Sunday mornings.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
The evening sessions have varied daylight and dark programmes with options according to ability.
The next 10-week course will commence on Monday, February 4.
For more information, email Justin on: email@example.com