Ely Runner Daisy is a cut above at the Norwich Half-Marathon
ELY Runner’s Daisy Glover dominated the women’s race at the City of Norwich Half-Marathon at the Royal Norfolk Showground on Sunday.
Daisy came home in an impressive 13th place overall and was one of only two women in the top 20, posting a time of 1hr 20mins 9seconds to come home 26 seconds clear of her nearest rival in the women’s race.
The race itself was dominated by the host club, City of Norwich AC with 28-year-old Nick Earl breaking clear just past the 11-mile mark of to take the event in a time of 73 minutes and 34 seconds.
His nearest challenger was City of Norwich AC colleague Martainn Ramsay who posted 74 minutes 48 seconds in the testing conditions while a third home runner, Joshua Entwhistle, was third (74.59).
Visiting runner Darren Southcott of Woodford Green AC was fourth, with yet another CONAC competitor, Matthew Bidwell, completing the top five.
You may also want to watch:
With conditions perhaps being a factor the starting numbers were well down on last year, with 2,180 runners starting the race from a full entry of 3,000.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'