Isle of Ely Rowing Club members shine at Indoor Championships
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Ely Rowing Club had plenty of success at the British Indoor Championships at the Olympic Park in London.
Members combined to win gold in the boys’, girls’ and mixed junior relays, while Poppy Shipley came out on top in the J16 girls’ event.
And Nicki Glen won the 55-59 women’s 2000m in under eight minutes after a tough autumn schedule.
Glen said: “The hardest thing is keeping healthy, so many people with winter colds coughing and gagging on trains. I should’ve been sponsored by Berrocca!”
William Buchanan won silver in the J16 boys event, while Jamie Gare took silver in the sixth form boys’ 500m, and there were bronze medals for Harriet Drake-:ee and Martha Bullen in the J16 girls category.
You may also want to watch:
Ely captain Duncan McCulloch congratulated all who took part and said the performances from club rowers “did us all proud”.
For more details visit elyrowingclub.org.uk.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on