Isle of Ely Rowing Club members shine at Indoor Championships
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Ely Rowing Club had plenty of success at the British Indoor Championships at the Olympic Park in London.
Members combined to win gold in the boys’, girls’ and mixed junior relays, while Poppy Shipley came out on top in the J16 girls’ event.
And Nicki Glen won the 55-59 women’s 2000m in under eight minutes after a tough autumn schedule.
Glen said: “The hardest thing is keeping healthy, so many people with winter colds coughing and gagging on trains. I should’ve been sponsored by Berrocca!”
William Buchanan won silver in the J16 boys event, while Jamie Gare took silver in the sixth form boys’ 500m, and there were bronze medals for Harriet Drake-:ee and Martha Bullen in the J16 girls category.
Ely captain Duncan McCulloch congratulated all who took part and said the performances from club rowers “did us all proud”.
For more details visit elyrowingclub.org.uk.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team