Robins suffer agony as Soham hit TWELVE in Cambs League cup
- Credit: Daniel Mason/Archant
It was more cup agony for Ely City Reserves after two defeats in three days.
The Robins were beaten 2-0 at home to Witchford 96 in Group C of the Kershaw Senior Cup on Tuesday, following a 3-2 reverse against Somersham Town last weekend.
Also in Group C, Soham Town Rangers Reserves, who smashed 12 past Wisbech St Mary Reserves on Saturday, saw their match with Bluntisham Rangers postponed as the hosts were unable to raise a team.
In Group D, Cottenham United backed up victory over Milton last Saturday with a 7-0 triumph over Whittlesford United while in Group E, Isleham United were beaten at Lakenheath Reserves.
Stretham made it consecutive wins in Group D of the Intermediate Cup with a 1-0 win over Swavesey Institute while in the Junior Cup, Lt Downham & Pymoor Swifts beat Littleport Town as Wicken lost at West Row Gunners.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday, Cottenham United Reserves won 5-3 at Histon Hornets, Soham Town Rangers 'A' lost to The Eagle, Stretham Reserves fell 3-1 to Crusaders and Witchford 96 Reserves triumphed 3-0 at AFC Ely.
Last Saturday, Burwell Tigers suffered a second successive Group D defeat at the hands of Swavesey Institute in the Intermediate Cup.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 4 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 7 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son