Ely Remain Undefeated
RUGBY Ely I 38 Harwich and Dovercourt 14 THE undefeated Tigers travelled to Harwich on Saturday for this Eastern Counties league fixture. Ely received the kick and, within minutes, Tom Jackson scored under the posts. Jamie Russell added the points and El
Ely I 38
Harwich and Dovercourt 14
THE undefeated Tigers travelled to Harwich on Saturday for this Eastern Counties league fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Ely received the kick and, within minutes, Tom Jackson scored under the posts. Jamie Russell added the points and Ely were 7-0 up. Again the kick off was received by the Ely forwards who worked up the pitch, allowing Lee Coulson to score the second try with Russell adding the conversion.
The Tigers' support play proved too good for Harwich who struggled to defend the rampaging Ely team.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 5 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 6 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
With backs Kimi Hattingh and Joel Scott Paul (in his first team debut game of the season) outpacing their opposite numbers at every opportunity they opened up the Harwich defence. Jamie Russell scampered over for the third try which he then converted for a 21-0 lead.
Lee Coulson scored his second try and Russell added the extras and, as the half time whistle went, the Tigers led 28-0.
The second half turned to one of frustration for Ely with Harwich now beginning to spoil their clean ball and this allowed the opposition to score their first try and conversion (28-7).
Ely upped their game again and this resulted in another try with Kieren Kennett supporting well. The kick was missed but the score line was still impressive at 33-7.
Jon Hunt was the next to break the gain line for the Tigers and, having played well all game, made a 50 yard dash to the line offloading to Lee Coulson who scored his hat trick.
Harwich scored the final points of the game to finish at 38-14.