Ely Remain Undefeated
RUGBY Ely I 38 Harwich and Dovercourt 14 THE undefeated Tigers travelled to Harwich on Saturday for this Eastern Counties league fixture. Ely received the kick and, within minutes, Tom Jackson scored under the posts. Jamie Russell added the points and El
Ely I 38
Harwich and Dovercourt 14
THE undefeated Tigers travelled to Harwich on Saturday for this Eastern Counties league fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Ely received the kick and, within minutes, Tom Jackson scored under the posts. Jamie Russell added the points and Ely were 7-0 up. Again the kick off was received by the Ely forwards who worked up the pitch, allowing Lee Coulson to score the second try with Russell adding the conversion.
The Tigers' support play proved too good for Harwich who struggled to defend the rampaging Ely team.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
With backs Kimi Hattingh and Joel Scott Paul (in his first team debut game of the season) outpacing their opposite numbers at every opportunity they opened up the Harwich defence. Jamie Russell scampered over for the third try which he then converted for a 21-0 lead.
Lee Coulson scored his second try and Russell added the extras and, as the half time whistle went, the Tigers led 28-0.
The second half turned to one of frustration for Ely with Harwich now beginning to spoil their clean ball and this allowed the opposition to score their first try and conversion (28-7).
Ely upped their game again and this resulted in another try with Kieren Kennett supporting well. The kick was missed but the score line was still impressive at 33-7.
Jon Hunt was the next to break the gain line for the Tigers and, having played well all game, made a 50 yard dash to the line offloading to Lee Coulson who scored his hat trick.
Harwich scored the final points of the game to finish at 38-14.