Ely Men Make Light Work Of St Neots
ELY City made light work of St Neots at the weekend as they racked up an impressive 8-0 win. Chris Purllant s men have been in fine form of late, and their scoring run showed no signs of ending as they cut swathes through the home defence. Ely started t
ELY City made light work of St Neots at the weekend as they racked up an impressive 8-0 win.
Chris Purllant's men have been in fine form of late, and their scoring run showed no signs of ending as they cut swathes through the home defence.
Ely started the match slowly but as the half wore on they began to find their feet and finished the opening period two goals ahead with Matt Holden supplying the pinpoint passes for Robert Radcliffe and Jack Upton to net.
Ely restructured after the half-time break with skipper Chris Purllant moving from sweeper to centre forward to bolster the Ely attack. The change appeared to have the desired effort for Ely as the scoring chances started to come against the struggling St Neots defence.
You may also want to watch:
A further goal for Robert Radcliffe, a brace for Chris Purllant and a hat trick for Matt Holden secured an impressive 8-0 win and three points for Ely.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told