Ely Ladies Cruise Past Roses
ELY City Ladies picked up their sixth win of the season on Saturday with a commanding 5-3 win over Lincoln Roses. The ladies have battled hard in their first season in Division 2NW of the East Hockey League setup and their endeavour paid dividends at the
ELY City Ladies picked up their sixth win of the season on Saturday with a commanding 5-3 win over Lincoln Roses.
The ladies have battled hard in their first season in Division 2NW of the East Hockey League setup and their endeavour paid dividends at the weekend as they cruised past a gutsy Lincoln side.
Ely set the tone early on as Krista Hopkinson deflected home after five minutes. The lead was short-lived though, as the visitors pulled level two minutes later following a flowing move.
Chanre Bond netted her first of the game after 12 minutes to put Ely back into the lead and she struck again 10 minutes later to with a measured chip.
You may also want to watch:
Ely were playing some high-tempo hockey and their pace and movement paid off after 25 minutes as Bond finished a flowing move to make it 4-1.
To their credit, Lincoln came out fighting for the second-half and their tireless effort saw them pull the score back to 4-3 as Ely struggled to recapture their first-half form.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
With five minutes remaining, the game was finally put to bed as Bond finished off a well-worked corner routine into the bottom corner.