Ely juniors on top from tee to green at Girton
- Credit: Archant
Golf Ely City junior golfers came to the fore at the Girton Junior Open.
The competition attracted a field of 57 juniors, playing in various categories.
Top spot went to James McLaughlin, who produced some magical golf to record a nett score of 62.
James has been in good form this year and has reduced his handicap from 18 down to 11, with a possible further reduction for exceptional play.
Charlie Rhodes was unlucky to find himself in second place having produced an excellent round of nett 65.
You may also want to watch:
In the girls’ section, Ella Mason produced a round of nett 68. This was a tremendous effort as Ella has just returned from injury.
Adding to the list of Ely prize winner, Jacob Gamble and Jordanne Sillitoe each won a prize for nearest the pin.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed