A one month loan deal at Ely City is a win win, says manager
- Credit: Archant
Brady Stone believes Dan Brown’s one-month loan deal with Ely City is a “win-win situation” for both the Robins and the striker’s parent club Mildenhall Town.
Ely have sealed the services of the Brown on an initial one-month loan deal, with the former Soham Town Rangers frontman arriving at the Unwin having scored three times for Dean Greygoose’s side this term.
Brown joined Mildenhall in March 2015 and scored 16 goals as the Recreation Way outfit completed a Thurlow Nunn League and Challenge Cup double last term and Stone is hoping the striker’s arrival will bolster their injury-hit squad.
“It is a win-win situation for both clubs,” he said.
“We weren’t looking to bringing someone into the squad but our options up front have been hit badly by injuries, so it is great to have Dan coming in to boost our strike force.
You may also want to watch:
“I spoke to Dean (Greygoose) and we decided to do the deal for a month to start with and then we will review it after that.
“He was a big part of their side that did the double last year, so if he starts scoring goals for us it might be that Dean wants him back after the month but for now it is great for both clubs.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“We have added a goal scorer to the squad and Mildenhall are able to get some minutes into him and see what he can do.”