A one month loan deal at Ely City is a win win, says manager
- Credit: Archant
Brady Stone believes Dan Brown’s one-month loan deal with Ely City is a “win-win situation” for both the Robins and the striker’s parent club Mildenhall Town.
Ely have sealed the services of the Brown on an initial one-month loan deal, with the former Soham Town Rangers frontman arriving at the Unwin having scored three times for Dean Greygoose’s side this term.
Brown joined Mildenhall in March 2015 and scored 16 goals as the Recreation Way outfit completed a Thurlow Nunn League and Challenge Cup double last term and Stone is hoping the striker’s arrival will bolster their injury-hit squad.
“It is a win-win situation for both clubs,” he said.
“We weren’t looking to bringing someone into the squad but our options up front have been hit badly by injuries, so it is great to have Dan coming in to boost our strike force.
“I spoke to Dean (Greygoose) and we decided to do the deal for a month to start with and then we will review it after that.
“He was a big part of their side that did the double last year, so if he starts scoring goals for us it might be that Dean wants him back after the month but for now it is great for both clubs.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
“We have added a goal scorer to the squad and Mildenhall are able to get some minutes into him and see what he can do.”